too pretty <3
Kale (one bunch)
Swiss Chard (one bunch)
Spinach (one bunch)
1 Beet root
1 Granny Smith
1 Very large Carrot
Parsley (small bunch)
Ginger (bottle cap size)
I was just trying to use up a bunch of veggies. This wasn’t that bad at all.
My first mean green juice! Yummy!! #juicing #meangreen #raw #rawvegan #vegan #kale #cucumber #lemon #celery #ginger #apples (Taken with instagram)
I like to make weird random soups. Mostly because I don’t plan but partly because I like trying new things. I made a vegan vegetable broth based soup and added ginger root (one of my favs). As I was grating the ginger a thought popped in my head … Jalapenos! I added them. Great idea. They go very well together!
So you think you’re getting sick. You have that grogy feeling. Your throat feels a little swollen. You just know you’re going to have a sore throat eventually.
Here’s what I do.
- Eat, drink, take all the vitamin C you can get your hands on. (vitamin C pills are great right about now)
- Zicam, and lots of it. I get the generic Hyvee stuff but it still works. I take it about three times a day. No citrus around the time you take the pill.
- Eat something with ginger in it. I love making Miso soup. It does the trick.
- Eat a rainbow of veggies. Get all the micronutrients you need.
- Avoid soda. It just doesn’t help the cause.
- Get lots of sleep.
That has me feeling better in no time! It’s amazing what Vitamin C and Zinc can do together.