Tofu scramble (tofu with nutritional yeast, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne) with avocado and peach mango salsa. My go to brunch food.
FRONT AND CENTER ON MY FRIDGE :)
|—||George Bernard Shaw (via veganpeacelove)|
Holiday recipes! If you’d like to see more, click Holiday Ideas on my main page :)
you go crazy in a vegan bakery.
I DO this!
These hogs get up to the scalding tank, hit the water and start screaming and kicking. Sometimes they thrash so much they kick water out of the tank; sooner or later they drown. There’s a rotating arm that pushes them under, no chance for them to get out. I’m not sure if they burn to death before they drown, but it takes them a couple of minutes to stop thrashing.
Hogs get stressed out pretty easy. If you prod them too much they have heart attacks. If you get a hog in a chute that’s had the shit prodded out of him and has a heart attack or refuses to move, you take a meat hook and hook it into his bunghole (anus). You’re dragging these hogs alive, and a lot of times the meat hook rips out of the bunghole. I’ve seen hams – thighs – completely ripped open. I’ve also seen intestines come out. If the hog collapses near the front of the chute, you shove the meat hook into his cheek and drag him forward.
|—||Slaughterhouse: The Shocking Story of Greed, Neglect, and Inhumane Treatment Inside the U.S. Meat Industry (Gail A. Eisnitz)|
no grain in my game.
cauliflower pizza crusts
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 45 minutes
makes: 8 - 10 3” pizzetta crusts
3 cups “riced” cauliflower
3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
8 tbsp flax eggs (or 4 egg whites)
½ - ¾ cup almond meal
sea salt to taste
- preheat oven to 425 degrees (if using pizza stone, place in oven during pre-heating)
- place riced cauliflower, rosemary + flax eggs (or egg whites) in a bowl a mix
- add in almond meal + sea salt + mix well. mixture should be moist, but hold together. if too runny, add in additional almond meal
- line a cookie sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper + spoon cauliflower mixture onto sheet. form into 3” rounds
- cook at 425 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes. when edges start to brown + top is golden, crusts are done
- remove + add toppings. return to oven for 5 minutes to warm
1. roasted cherry + grape tomatoes
2. black truffle mushrooms
4. roasted brussel sprouts + fennel
5. pesto + roasted peppers
6. wilted collard greens